to Handspun & Beyond
Fiber animals, spinning/weaving equipment and supplies, lessons, workshops
Home of Caronimals, Freehaven Farm, Ltd. is located just minutes off of I-385 in Simpsonville, S.C. With a wide variety
of fiber animals, the farm provides a unique opportunity to see and learn how the different species provide for us.
llamas, angora, pygora and cashgora goats, Romney and Jacob sheep, angora rabbits, and Scottish Highland cattle provide wonderful fibers! Spinning and weaving equipment
and supplies are in stock, and the farm offers educational opportunities to learn more about the fiber arts with hands -on
classes and workshops.
* Contact us for information or scheduling a class
- from fiber preparation to dyeing, spinning (spindle or wheel), weaving, felting, hooking, etc - if it's fiber, we love re-creating
* Llama and alpaca fiber for spinning or felting -
handspun yarns in natural colors - dyed/blended batts for spinning or felitng
* Angora rabbit, mohair
(angora goat) and wool - fiber or batts for spinning or handspun yarns- natural or dyed
* Hand-dyed painted rovings - BFL, merino/silk/bamboo blends - from area Indie dyers - (spin your own rainbows
* Spinning and weaving equipment - Schacht Spindle Co. and other artisans
- proudly made in the USA
* Farm fresh eggs - from free range hens
* Custom dyed and natural feathers - for hair, jewelry, spinning, weaving, wedding, crafts
Hooked chair pad - from handspun yarn made from dog, llama and sheep fiber from the farm
- Animals - pygmy goats, angora rabbits, alpacas, llamas, and livestock dogs when available-
for sale to approved homes
- Custom Fiber Arts - spinning,
knitting, felting, weaving - treasured keepsakes in natural fibers , from your animals or mine
- Breeder of Bouvier des Flandres - home of "Canaan, Emu Herder" , as seen on the tv show "Dogs with
Jobs" - National Geographic Channel
- Now teaching a variety of classes in the fiber arts! Call or
email to schedule a fun and educational class! Learn new skills while creating a project for yourself or a special gift.
** In stock - the tools of the trade !!
Come try your hand at spinning on Schacht wheels and/or handcrafted spindles, and weaving on looms of
all kinds and sizes. Note: Free starter lesson with purchase of wheel or loom - other classes
available for advancing your skills!
- Contact us at freehavenfarm (at) mac (dot) com
or call 864 862-4802
- Schedule a class - individual or small groups - learn to spin your own yarns - design a project and weave on a small
portable loom, learn to sculpt fiber by needlefelting or wet felting, try rug hooking with yarns and fabrics, and basket weaving
- traditional and with yarns - get creative and have fun !
- We will gladly work with you for custom programs, classes, or outings. (Let us know what
your interests are - and for what age group - and we'll design a fun, educational program for you.)
now taking orders for custom spinning, weaving, knitting and felting projects - unique creations in natural fibers -
keep the memories of favorite pets alive ! see photos for available projects - call for more info
- Spinning and weaving
equipment and accessories- made in the USA - by Schacht Spindle Company - now in stock and for sale !
Simpsonville, South Carolina